There is no denying the power of news articles when it comes to boosting traffic to any blog or site. It really doesn’t matter what subject or topic your blog deals in, there is no reason why you should be left out and not benefit from the amazing power of news articles in generating traffic.
The first thing you will need to do to cash in on news article traffic is to stay very much informed on the latest breaking news. Then you simply need to think in terms of how that particular bit of news affects you and your audience. Always remember that hidden in every bit of bad news is lots of business opportunity. However it is not always easy to see these opportunities despite the fact that it is simply a matter of identifying the problems that have been created or are bound to be created and inventing a solution that you can sell. However by constantly reporting on the news as it affects your blog, it will be much easier for you to identify the numerous and constantly emerging opportunities that are always being created by breaking news.
The kind of news that you choose to cover in articles at your blog also matters and will have an impact on the sort of traffic that you receive. The more controversial the news, the better. Actually you will have to start thinking like an old fashioned newspaper editor keen on selling their newspapers.
Which brings us to the next important thing about your traffic generating news articles. All the newspapers covering a certain area usually cover the same news. So what makes one newspaper more popular that the others is not what is not the news covered, but how that news is covered. In your blog news articles, you will not attract high traffic not because of what you say, but how you say it.
Every news story has numerous different angles from which it can be looked at. As a blogger looking to create high traffic from your news article, you should choose the most interesting and controversial angle of the story as far as your readers are concerned.
Doing your homework and doing some preparations are the keys to write effective news articles.
1. Look for the best stories of the day. Go out there and learn what’s going on around you. There are a lot of stories that you can cover in a day but I recommend that you focus your attention on those that are very interesting to your readers. If you’re writing for broadsheets, I suggest that you focus on hard-hitting news. Write the latest news in the world of business or latest news about the economy and government. If you’re writing for tabloids, you can focus on not-so serious stories like police reports and entertainment.
2. Research your chosen stories. Before you start writing, make sure that you research your chosen stories thoroughly. Unlike when you’re writing articles for the web, you will need to interview people who have witnessed or who are directly involve in the situation. Get as much information as possible and make sure that you do not leave any stone unturned.
3. Verify your data. As a journalist, it’s very important for you to make sure that everything you put on your news articles is based on facts. Cross reference all your resources before you start writing.
4. Create an outline. Figure out how you can present your data in such a way that you’ll be able to get your audience to want to read them. Create a skeleton that contain every piece of information that you need to include in your articles. Ensure that you present the best, juiciest information at the start.
Did you know that your business activities are newsworthy? It’s true. When you buy advertising from a newspaper, you can often get a human-interest story done on your business. It’s a great way to gain additional publicity from a newspaper.
Think about it. There is a story in you. As the owner and founder of your information products business, you took a risk to get started. You’ve worked and sacrificed to get your business going. There is an inspiring story there. As an article writer, you can tell it.
News article writing follows specific guidelines. When you write news, you must do it from an impersonal, unbiased viewpoint. You write to satisfy the needs of the readers. In this article read basic ideas about news article writing. Keep reading to learn the latest 3 practical ways to jumpstart your news article writing.
1. Just like writing an article marketing article, begin with an outline detailing the article’s basic structure. Include answers to the questions: who, what, where, when and how. But, be personable in your presentations. This is a human-interest story about you and your business.
2. Avoid marketing hype and limit industry-specific words in this type of article. Write just the facts. This is an article about you and your business. It should interest a broad group of people, not just your niche market.
3. Your story may inspire others to take a risk and start their own business. Act like a trusted advisor. Provide necessary background details to inform the reader of the core message of the story.